SPM CASE STUDIES
SPM has been engaged since 2018 by the Haseko Development Corporation and Wai Kai Wave LLC and provides consulting and management support for all stages of development from initial planning through opening along with ongoing operations since the opening in March 2023.
The Line Up features:
- The worlds largest standing wave at 100ft wide (Citywave Technology)
- A 52-acre activity lagoon with SUP, Outrigger, Kayak, E-Foils and Boat Cruises
- The Lookout Food & Drink, a robust F&B concept created by SPM and the Boardwalk Café and Bar
- Sessions lifestyle retail store
SPM developed detailed financial models by business unit & 365 time period forecasting; identified space use; optimized the Customer Journey; led F&B Concepts; Directed FF&E concepts; developed key vendor agreements; liaised with architects, wave technology and land planners, and; created a detailed Sales & Marketing Plan
More info at AtTheLineUp.com
The Strand located in Gilbert, Arizona is a multi-faceted development created at the Gilbert Regional Park, which already has an open-air music amphitheater, racquet sports and field sports facilities and recreational facilities. The Strand will be comprised of three key components: 1) The Cactus Surf Park – a 25-acre site featuring an Endless Surf wave facility, Cable Wake Park, Aquapark, dynamic Food & Beverage facilities and Retail; 2) A Hotel Site on 10-acres, and; 3) A fitness-wellness-workspace site on 5-acres.
SPM formally engaged with The Strand team in early 2020 and provides consulting and management support for all stages of development of the Cactus Surf Park from initial planning through opening and then ongoing operations with the opening planned for 2023. SPM developed detailed financial models by business unit and 365-day time period forecasting; assisted in the selection process of the preferred wave technology vendor, and is currently supporting the project financing process. Upon successful funding, SPM will provide technical services support through construction leading to an intensified pre-opening phase for the 9-months leading to the Grand Opening and then onto long-term venue operations management.
More info at CactusSurfPark.com
Turtle Bay Resort: Re-energized
- Rebranded & Repositioned
- Reconnected with Community
- Increased hotel valuation by 250% over 5 Yrs.
- Increased NOI by 330% with 5-yr. CAGR of 25%
- Increased TripAdvisor Rank: 28 to 7
- Became Top Ranked Hawaii Employer
- Successfully sold to Blackstone in 2017
Tamarack Resort: Re-Start Operations
- Implemented all new operating systems
- Implemented all new policies and procedures
- Hired/Trained GM and staff
- Started F&B, lodging, mountain bike, waterfront boat & kayak rental operations
- Increased Season Passes by 142%
- Increased EBITDA by $700K
- Increased Skier Visits by 71%